Video Visit Information & Instructions for Patients
Before your video visit with a provider at the Weinberg Family Cerebral Palsy Center, please review the information and instructions below. Make sure you meet the requirements and follow these steps to ensure that your virtual appointment goes as smoothly as possible.
Or, call us at 212.305.4565 from 9 am – 5 pm.
Telehealth is available on a case by case basis. Please call to enquire.
Video Visit Checklist
Please confirm that you can answer YES to the following questions.
- Do you have a scheduled appointment with a Columbia provider?
- Do you have the Zoom application downloaded on your iOS or Android mobile device OR access to computer equipped with a webcam for your video visit?
- Do you have a strong and stable internet connection at the location where you will be for your video visit?
- Do you have access to a quiet, well-lit room with enough room to perform any demonstrated physical exam maneuvers?
- Do you have a MyChart account?
- If you do not have a MyChart account, visit myconnectnyc.org, complete the form, and respond to the security questions to confirm your identity.
Video Visit Instructions
If you are using the MyChart app, search for "Columbia University Irving Medical Center," and select it as your primary institution.
- Step 1: One in the the MyChart app or Connect portal, log into your account and click on Appointments
- Step 2: Select eCheck-In on the appropriate Video Visit appointment
- Step 3: Complete all check-in steps and Review & Sign all documents and forms (including Video Visit Consent), then select Continue
- Step 4: Click Launch Meeting and Open to launch Zoom and enter the "Waiting Room" *
* If prompted, Allow Microphone & Camera Access to enter the meeting