Infant Movement Evaluation Clinic
The Infant Movement Evaluation Clinic at the Weinberg Family Cerebral Palsy Center (WFCPC) provides comprehensive evaluations of infants who have issues with development of movement. The clinic is led by a Board-Certified Child Neurologist and Pediatric Physical Therapist, who specialize in the evaluation and care of infants with challenges in movement.
- Are less than 2 years old
- Exhibit delayed motor development including:
- Delayed sitting, rolling or walking
- Persistent fisted hands or head lag beyond 4 months
- Asymmetries in posture or movement, including hand preference
- Stiffness in legs
- Family history of developmental delay
What to Expect
At the initial appointment, the team will work together with you to provide:
- A diagnosis
- A plan for further testing, when indicated
- Treatment recommendations
- Support for continued medical care, therapies and emotional well being
- Referral(s) to other specialists as necessary
A bridge to evidence-based therapies, participation in research studies, and support groups can be provided by members of the Weinberg Family Cerebral Palsy Center Multidisciplinary Team and select community providers and partners:
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work
- Care coordination
The Infant Movement Evaluation Clinic will be launched in fall 2023. Please contact the CP Center at email@example.com or 212-305-2700 for a referal or appointment.
Infant Motor Evaluation Team
- Weinberg Family Associate Professor of Neurology (in Orthopedic Surgery)
Lisa Yoon, PT, DPT, PCS
- Assistant Professor in Physical Therapy
- Care and Outreach Coordinator
Jennifer Pimentel joined the WFCPC in 2021. In her role, she coordinates all aspects of care for patients and acts as representative of the WFCPC, collaborating with other internal departments and with external community-based organizations.
Jennifer's expertise centers around service coordination in Early Intervention Programs, and case management for adults with disabilities.